Wednesday, September 27, 2017
01:30 pm - 03:00 pm
Conrad Hotel, Dubai Conference Room II
This session will focus on the key enablers for an accelerated integration of renewable energy sources (RES) in the grid, suitable for the Middle East region. Experts and delegates will share recent developments, insights and views on:
• Forecasting of production from RES.
• Planning ahead to ensure that local and national energy infrastructure has the capacity, flexibility and capability to integrate a high share of RES (expansion of transmission and distribution infrastructure,...).
• Utilizing large-scale storage to contribute to RES reliability.
• Increasing the dynamic demand response to play a bigger role in managing system variability.
• Blockchain technologies for enabling next generation peer to peer energy trading.
September 27, 2017
Welcome and Introduction
Renewable Electricity-to-Grid Integration: Experience and challenges for the region
Storage as an enabler for the deployment of renewables: technologies and opportunities for the region
Enablers for the Accelerated Integration of Renewable Energy Electricity